In this section I will be posting links to articles that make me think, make me smile, or just plain make sense…
Articles and Books about Gelt
- Leah Koenig, “The Gelt Chronicles ,“ The Forward, December 8, 2009, http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/features/the-gelt-chronicles-1.2555
- Marjorie Ingall, Gelt Without Guilt, Tablet Magazine, November 27, 2012
- Rabbi Deborah Prinz, On The Chocolate Trail: A Delicious Adventure Connecting
Jews, Religions, History, Travel, Rituals And Recipes To The Magic Of Cacao (Jewish Lights Publishing, October 2012).
Articles Regarding Thanksgivukkah:
- Christine Byrne (October 2, 2013). “How To Celebrate Thanksgivukkah, The Best Holiday Of All Time”. Buzzfeed. October 10, 2013.
- Stu Bykofsky (October 22, 2012). “Thanks for Thanukkah!”. Philadelphia Daily News. October 11, 2013.
- אלכס דורון וצביקה קליין (October 11, 2013). “אירוע נדיר: חנוכה וחג ההודיה מתאחדים” (in Hebrew). Maariv. October 11, 2013.
- Katy Steinmetz (November 1, 2013). “What Is Thanksgivukkah?”. TIME. November 1, 2013.
- Vicki Hyman (October 14, 2013). “Thanksgivukkah: New traditions for a Thanksgiving nosh”. The Star-Ledger. October 14, 2013.
- Molly Parr (September 30, 2013). “Four Questions with Jonathan Mizrahi, Jewish Calendar Math Whiz | Thanksgivukkah”. Thanksgivukkahboston.com. October 10, 2013.
- WATCH: Stephen Colbert laments Thanksgivukkah”. Haaretz. March 6, 2013. Retrieved October 11, 2013.
- Ben Popken (September 19, 2013). “Chanukah and Thanksgiving mash-up to create ‘Thanksgivukkah'”. TODAY. October 11, 2013.
- Sharyn Jackson (March 11, 2013). “Thanksgivukkah pulls a chair up to the table”. USA Today. November 9, 2013.
- Steve Annear (October 5, 2013). Thanksgivukkah: Massachusetts Coins Term For Rare Holiday Celebration; Thanksgiving and Hanukkah won’t fall on the same day for another 76,000 years, so people are making sure they celebrate with pride.. Boston Magazine. October 17, 2013.
- Kaplan, Allison (October 13, 2013). “Hanukkah occupies Thanksgiving: Colbert hates it, Jews love it”. Haaretz. October 13, 2013.
- Amy Spiro (November 17, 2013). “Thanksgivukka: Please pass the turkey-stuffed doughnuts”. Jerusalem Post. November 22, 2013.
- Levi Brackman (October 23, 2013). “American Jews ready for Thanksgivukkah”. Ynetnews.com. October 29, 2013.
- Justin Silverman (October 1, 2013). “When Chanukah and Thanksgiving fall on the same day, it’s “Thanksgivukkah””. New York Daily News. October 29, 2013.
- Gene Marks (November 10, 2013). “5 Reasons Why Thanksgiving Has Been Ruined For Millions Of Jews”. Huffington Post. October 11, 2013.
- Mizrahi, Jonathan (January 14, 2013). “Some of You May Find this Interesting…: Hanukkah and Thanksgiving: A once in eternity overlap”. Jonathanmizrahi.blogspot.com. November 9, 2013.
- Stuart Elliott, “Carve the Turkey and Pass the Latkes, as Holidays Converge”, New York Times, Media/Advertising, October 21, 2013
- Lianne Italie, “Gobble Tov: American Jews ready for Thanksgivukkah,” http://bigstory.ap.org/article/gobble-tov-american-jews-ready-thanksgivukkah
- Beth Teitell, Boston Globe, Lifestyle, The Frenzy that is Thanksgivukkah, October 19, 2013, http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/2013/10/18/the-marketing-frenzy-that-thanksgivukkah/HgmEBRd1W2OyxQuyMNh7hL/story.html
- How to Plan your ‘Thanksgivukkah,’ Huffington Post, Dana Holmes, October 22, 2013
- See also, thanksgivukkah.wordpress.c
- For a Thanksgiving seder, it’s all about the ‘hodu’
by Edmon J. Rodman
- Hanukkah Gifts: A history of the practice and some tips for parents. by Natasha Rosenstock
- Book Review: “A Kosher Christmas: ‘Tis the Season to be Jewish” by Rabbi Michael Leo Samuel
- Merry Chrismukkah: Goodwill Towards All Men http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21568420-goodwill-towards-all-men-merry-chrismukkah
- “A Kosher Chrismas” – Yes, Really! http://www.reformjudaism.org/blog/2012/12/03/kosher-christmas-yes-really by Kate Bigam
- “Are Hanukkah Gifts Really Jewish?” http://www.reformjudaism.org/blog/2012/12/04/are-hanukkah-gifts-really-jewish by Jill Crimmings
- “How To Be A Good In-Law.” http://www.reformjudaism.org/blog/2012/12/05/creating-interfaith-extended-famly-how-to-be-good-law
- “Redefining the So-Called ‘December Dilemma.” http://www.reformjudaism.org/blog/2012/12/06/Redefining-so-called-December-dilemma
- Advertisement for the 2nd Annual Christmas Eve Comedy Special Moo Shu Jew, a “Meshuggena Show was created for Jews to enjoy on Christmas Eve, where else but in a Chinese resturant!” https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/pe/9705578
- “Chow.Fun! Chinese Food and Jewish Comedy on Christmas- What’s Not to Like?” http://www.jweekly.com/article/full/67288/chow-fun-chinese-food-and-jewish-comedy-on-christmas-whats-not-to-like/ by Dan Pine.
- “Hanukkah Gifts: A History of the Practice and Some Tips for Parents.” http://www.myjewishlearning.com/holidays/Jewish_Holidays/Hanukkah/At_Home/hanukkah-gifts.shtml by Natasha Rosenstock
- NPR Interfaith Voices, Radio Interview http://interfaithradio.org/Story_Details/The_Jewish_December_Dilemma
- Party Alert! Jewish Guide to Celebrating X-Mas in NYC (2012) events@NYBlueprint.com by Monica Rozenfeld
“Christmas and Jews: A Time for Appreciation Not Appropriation.” http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/rabbis-round-table/christmas-and-jews-a-time-for-appreciation-not-appropriation.premium-1.485193 by Rabbi Micah Peltz
“Twas the Day After Christmas.” http://www.jewishideasdaily.com/5633/features/twas-the-day-after-christmas/ by Ethan Schwartz
Radio Interview, Canada Broadcasting Corporation (with Joshua Plaut), CBC NPR http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/episode/2012/12/24/a-kosher-christmas-rabbi-joshua-plaut/
Journal Article: “A Kosher Christmas (And A Merry Little Hanukkah) http://jewishquarterly.org/2012/12/kosher-christmas/ by Joshua Plaut”
- “Jewish Christmas: Beyond Chinese Food and the Movies.” http://www.metro.us/newyork/local/article/1158617–jewish-christmas-beyond-chinese-food-and-the-movies by Jesse Greenspan
Book Review, Eliyahu Rosen, http://www.jewishbookcouncil.org/book/a-kosher-christmas
Article: Classic Kosher CHinese Eatery Shang Chai Closes in Brooklyn. http://www.thejewishweek.com/news/breaking-news/classic-kosher-chinese-eatery-shang-chai-closes-brooklyn by Adam Dichter
Radio Interview, Wisconsin Public Radio (Joshua Plaut/Joy Cardin) Wisconsin Public Radio
Video Interview, Huffington Post On-Line (Joshua Plaut) Huffington Post Radio
Article: “Ever Hear of the Time-Honored Jewish Christmas Tradition?” http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ever-hear-of-the-time-honored-jewish-christmas-tradition/ by Sharona Schwartz
Article: “How Hasidic Jews ‘Celebrate’ Christmas.” http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/jewish-world-features/how-hasidic-jews-celebrate-christmas.premium-1.489734 by Shahar Ilan
- Listing of Other Articles https://news.google.com/news/story?ncl=http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/episode/2012/12/24/a-kosher-christmas-rabbi-joshua-plaut/&hl=en&geo=us